Monday, April 9, 2012

Now I Need Some Help

Who can point me in the right direction to get Uncle Tom some "medical" help?  He is basically indigent. I know there are some free services for the homeless.  Technically, he is homeless.

As I have chronicled, Uncle Tom is a big help to our little college area neighborhood by painting over graffiti and helping out when needed.  Even after all the park visitors from Easter Sunday left Enslen Park a complete mess, Tom and a buddy went and got all the recyclables and put all the trash that was "attempted"  to be put in the trash cans and tidied up the park.  It is always "fun" when the park is visited by folks who prefer the "thug life". They could give a s**t about cleaning up properly.

Anyways, Tom is severely ADHD or ADD and cannot focus.  This prevents him from holding down a real job.  He can work hard on a project for about an hour, and then it is "Look, a squirrel" and the job rarely gets finished.  If you have seen the TV show, Hoarders, that is what my backyard look like.  Hoarding is derived from one of the two previously mentioned conditions.  He also got himself in a little trouble with the law.  Bottom line is that I am sick of my backyard looking like a junk yard.  If he continues in his current pattern he will be incarcerated again.  He has reverted back to what used to get him in trouble years ago.  I want to get him help and I cannot afford it.  I know there are services out there.  Please let me know where I can go.

thanks
DWiz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your recommendations. It gives me a start.