Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Homeless Stealing food

So my son was just at the "Green Store" at Morris and Sycamore when a homeless guy stole some canned food.  The owner, Mona, caught him, but nothing she could do as he left.  My son said it was so obvious, and he did not deny it.  My son came home, and the dude was sitting at the park bench and he explained to me what happened.  I called "Sonny" the owner, and he was not there but was aware.  He said, there "is nothing we can do other than ban him from the store.  The police will not respond".  That is the gist of the conversation as Sonny's english is not the best, bless his heart.  I think what I inferred from the conversation is that instead of pressing charges, it is just easier to ban the guy from the store because there could be retribution. Sad.  All the meals in the city offered to him and all the bag lunches available he had to resort to blatant theft.  Maybe it was just dog food for his dog, who knows.  The beat goes on.................

No comments: