Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another note

As I sit down to type, I get the aromic smell of pot being smoked across the street at the Enslen Park.  Not a vagrancy issue, just some punks.  Yes, it is that easy to sit down at a table at the park and smoke openly at a picnic table while they probably scrawl some graffiti on the bench.  I am sure they have their medical marijuana cards though!

Got a response from my last posting telling me that the Blue Ribbon Committee's reports have been "shelved for the time being".  All that hard work, and we are just going to let it sit for a bit.  How long?

For us residents of the College area, I would like to see our Rank Security be able to approach the "do gooders" who come out and do feedings.  They would need to be armed with literature trying to show that there is a coordinated efforts in the feedings and not to be totally against what they are doing.  Of course, that is done by evaluating what the Blue Ribbon did, (see above for their status).

I would like to see the Department of Mental Health get up from behind their desks and go on a sabatical of sorts.  If officers or social workers could, ask the vagrancy at the parks if they utilize the services provided by the city?

I think I now have a contact high from the pot smoke, I am getting giddy along with the school children that just walked through the haze!

No comments: